Gas Safety Week 2014
Gas Safety Week is a national safety campaign set up to help raise awareness of gas safety in the UK.
Gas Safety Week 2014 is running up until the 21st September 2014, which is why we want to take this opportunity to ensure that our customers’ homes are gas safe!
With over 23 thousand homes currently running on gas in the UK it’s important that vital checks are carried out to ensure the safety of your family’s home.
Is your home Gas Safe?
To ensure your gas boilers, cookers and fires are all in safe working order we recommend that you take on board the following tips from the experts at the Gas Safe Register:
- Always use a Gas Safe registered engineer to fit, fix and service gas appliances in your home – it’s the law and will help keep you safe.
- Always ask to see an engineer’s Gas Safe Register ID card and check the back of the card to ensure they are qualified to carry out the specific type of gas work you need.
- Have all your gas appliances, including boilers, gas cookers and gas fires, safety checked every year.
- Find a Gas Safe registered engineer in your area or call the free helpline on 0800 408 5500
- Unsafe gas appliances can put you at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning, gas leaks, fires and explosions. Recognise the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning – headaches, dizziness, nausea, breathlessness, collapse and loss of consciousness.
- Check gas appliances for warning signs that they are not working properly e.g. lazy yellow flames instead of crisp blue ones, black marks or stains on or around the appliance and too much condensation in the room.
- Buy an audible carbon monoxide alarm for your home and make sure it is located near to your gas appliances in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidance. Carbon monoxide can leak from appliances and kill.
- Only use gas appliances for their intended purpose e.g. don’t use a gas oven to heat a room or use a gas barbeque inside the house.
- Always ensure there is enough ventilation for your gas appliances to allow them to burn correctly and make sure you are not blocking any air vents that provide an air supply to the gas appliance.
- Anybody working with gas has to be Gas Safe registered by law. Report someone working without registration or call Gas Safe Register on the free phone number 0800 408 5500.
How can Everlasting Boilers help you?
Many old boilers can become prone to problems resulting in costly repairs, which is why so many boilers end up getting bodged up by unskilled engineers, however this can be an extremely dangerous risk to take.
Here at Everlasting Boilers we can provide you with complete peace of mind by offering a boiler package to suit your homes needs.
Our A rated boilers are installed by our own in-house experts, who are all fully registered gas engineers, all eager to make sure your boiler is gas safe and energy efficient. And our care doesn’t end at install; Everlasting Boilers carry out an annual service on your boiler to make sure it is still performing perfectly and safely, which means you don’t have to worry about a thing!
If you would like to know more about how one of our Everlasting Boilers can benefit your home then leave a comment below or visit our website at www.everlastingboilers.co.uk